Changelog - BeamXpertDESIGNER
Die funktionale Weiterentwicklung von BeamXpertDESIGNER auf einen Blick
Version 0.90.15 (10-25-2019)
- New Feature: The surfaces of cylindrical "AsphericLens" objects can now have different horizontal und vertical curvatures. This allows, among other things, the definition of saddle surfaces.
- New Feature: The surfaces of "ThickLens" objects can be decentered in horizontal or vertical direction. This allows, among other things, the definition of off-axis parabolic mirrors (conic constant = -1).
- New Feature: Added a direct link to the change-log page at beamxpert.com to the help menu.
- Bug fix: The improved performance of the SetupViewer in version 0.90.14 had the impact that the lables of some objects were no longer displayed.
- Bug fix: For clone objects, the attributes "Active", "Hidden" and "Ignored" were taken from the master object instead of from the clone object.
- Optical components library: Added catalogs of the suppliers "OptoSigma" and "LASER2000".
- User interface: Many cosmetic improvements.
- Many other minor bug fixes and improvements.
Version 0.90.14 (09-13-2019)
- Zemax(TM) Import: Improved import from ZMX format. Added support for ZAR format (archieved Zemax(TM) files). Display of detailed list of errors that may have occurred during import. Please note: the import filters are continuously improved. ZMX or ZAR files submitted by users that have not been imported correctly will allow to further improve the filter function.
- Zemax(TM) Export: Some improvements.
- Update function: Network access to files for necessary updating switched from FTP to HTTPS.
- Encrypted Groups: Groups can now be encrypted with a user name and a password. This allows save transfer of objects or of whole setups to third parties who then can work with these objects without having access to the exact specification.
- CloneObjects: Nesting of CloneObjects now possible, i.e. CloneObjects or Groups containing CloneObjects can be cloned.
- Setup Viewer: Improved performance when drawing a large number of objects.
- Numeric input controls: Bug fixes.
- Screen Viewer: Profiles can now be displayed in false colors. Use the General Settings and/or the context menu of the beam profile display to switch between grayscale and false colors.
- Screen Viewer: Bug fixes.
- Other minor bug fixes and performance improvements. Plenty of rearrangements under the hood.
Version 0.90.13 (05-31-2019)
- Zemax(TM) Export: Improved the deployment of files necessary for export to Zemax and adapted it to the requirements of newer Zemax(TM) versions.
Version 0.90.12 (05-21-2019)
- Zemax(TM) Export: Fixed a bug that prevented copying files necessary for export to Zemax.
- Installer: Significantly faster now. Doesn't delete any longer user created folders in "c:\Program Files (x86)\BeamXpertDESIGNER\Catalogs".
Version 0.90.11 (05-18-2019)
- Optical Components library: Corrected faulty links of components from Qioptiq to a wrong web page.
- Screen viewer: Functionless "Auto center" feature in the "Profile" section is now working.
- New Feature: "Dependency Viewer". Allows the automatic variation of any parameter and the determination of the dependent change of another parameter. Watch this video for more details: dependency viewer.
- Object browser: Focal lengths in the result List are now updated when the default wavelength is modified.
- New Feature: If a beam hits an object whose refractive index cannot be determined for the wavelength of that beam, the beam stops at that object.
- New Feature: "Caustic Viewer". Beam propagation can be displayed as a 2D-graph showing the beam diameter as a function of the propagation distance. Watch this video for more details: caustic viewer.
- Zemax(TM) import: some improvements (still far from being perfect).
- Several other minor bug fixes and performance improvements.
Version 0.90.10 (02-13-2019)
- New Object "Coordinate Break": CoordinateBreak objects provides the following options:
- Transversal displacement of incident beams
- Tilting of incident beams
- Virtual z-propagation on incident beams
The first two options are useful for tolerance investigations. The third option is useful for shortening setups that are very long in the z-direction.
- Export to Zemax(TM) now available:
- Save setups in Zemax(TM) format (if possible)
- Directly send setups to a running Zemax(TM) instance
- Bugfix: under some conditions the direct link to the vendors webpage for components of the optical components library didn´t work.
- Bugfix: programm crash on raytracing under some special conditions
- Slightly increased performance by avoiding unnessary redraws
Version 0.90.09 (12-10-2018)
- Bugfix: Invalid Raytracing on Prism objects. Under some circumstances, hits with prism surfaces were not detected.
- Clone objects can now be replaced by (steady) copies of their master object, hence breaking the connection to the master object.
- Several minor bug fixes.
- Optical components library updated:
- Added the following catalog:
- Bernhard Halle Nachf.
- Components from the optical components library offer now a direct link to the vendor´s webpage of that component (wherever it is possible).
- Minor bug fixes.
- Optical components library updated:
- Removed all previous (outdated) components librarys
- Added the following up-to-date catalogs:
- Edmund Optics
- Ross Optical
Note: The Thorlabs(TM) catalog is no longer included for licensing reasons. Please contact our support for further information on this issue.
- Improved handling of license key errors
- Bugfix: Invalid Raytracing inside Prism objects. Hits with prism surfaces were partially not detected.
- Bugfix: In Screen-Viewer, spot diagram: Total power coupled in multi-mode fibers has been dsplayed in percentage instead of absolute units.
- Bugfix: In Screen-Viewer, spot diagram: Relative power coupled in multi-mode fibers has been given relative to single emitter power instead of complete source power.
- Bugfix: In Screen-Viewer, spot diagram: Program crash when trying to calculate guess value for TEM00 content under some circumstances.
- Bugfix: minor bug concerning product activation
- Bugfix: Program crash on beam or ray incidence angles very close to 90°